Saturday, August 23, 2014

Campin' Cowgirl


Since camping is the theme for this week's contest at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge, I thought that I would have to skip this contest as I would rather stay in a nice Holiday Inn with a pool than outdoors with the bugs!   Then I thought about my great-granddaughter and she talks about camping out at the horse shows.  She says that she gets to stay in the trailer with the horses!  Truth is Grandpa and Grandma have a horse trailer  with living quarters in the front and the horses are in the back.  They have a kitchen, air-conditioning, bedroom and bathroom; so it is not much of a hardship.

Great granddaughter's birthday is this week, so I made her a card to represent her on her horse at the show's campground.  I used the Cricut Explore Rearing Cowgirl from the cartridge YeeHaw.  

By the way, I have the yearly subscription for the Cricut Images and I just love it.  I don't think that there is an image that I could want that isn't there.  

I used Close to My Heart paper from Katie's Corner for the girl and horse:  black, saddle, sky blue, pacifica and colonial white.  Since my great-granddaughter has red hair, I traced around the hair part from the pattern on the colonial white, cut it out and colored it with colored pencils, blending oak brown and holiday red. (Pencils are old so may not be same names as now.)   I did the same for the cowgirl hat, but used sky blue marker to color the hat.  Exact match to the sky blue paper used in the shirt. I used a barn siding paper for the background.  I also put rhinestones on the hat and shirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment