Sunday, October 5, 2014

Round Card


I love odd shaped cards so I was so enthused when Fantabulous Cricut Challenge had the challenge : card shape besides square/rectangle.  

This card was made from the Cricut cartridge Art Philosophy in lavender paper.  The front is also from Art Philosophy using the doily cut.  The center is stamped with Close to My Heart  stamp from the set Classy Doily Flair.  I used CTMH colored pencils for the yellow, blue and red.  Topped the stamped area with Liquid Glass.  I put the Liquid Glass on before gluing the doily to the card and it caused the center to bow up a little bit.  I took advantage of that and glued a small amount of cotton under the center of the bow.  The card looks like it is puffy.  Since this card has no sentiment on the outside, it can be used for any purpose.  I used CTMH paper for this card.  I made another similar to this,  but the paper was from Walmart and the cut was not nearly as clean.  I have found it's always worth it to use good paper for cards.  It doesn't cost that much more and makes a much nicer card.  As always, my CTMH is purchased from Katies Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment