Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fall


   Fall is starting here in Indiana.  It is cooler and the days are getting shorter.  Thoughts of Halloween and Thanksgiving are coming to life.

   I am a volunteer for an organization that sends birthday cards to their employees and boards.  They had been printing them on a computer and I thought that they looked cheap, so I volunteered to make the cards for each month.  I was going to keep them simple and quick to make!  I can make them all alike for each month, which makes them quicker.

   I thought the fall theme for Exploring Cricut would be perfect for November Birthdays.  By using my wonderful Cricut Explore, I cut out a cornucopia from the cartridge Celebrate wit Flourish.  There are 4 layers to it and I used Close to My Heart Paper purchased from Katie's Corner for most of it.

   The flower pot is from the cartridge Freshly Picked.  I cut off the flowers that were on it.  Cut it out of light brown paper and then colored with CTMH Sunset marker to get the color I wanted. The stems of the flowers are from Mother's Day 2010  also from CTMH. The blooms are from the cartridge Mother's Day Bouquet. I cut two for each flower.  Then after putting three on the eraser end of a pencil and folding down the petals, I placed one on each unfolded bloom that had a spot of glue in the center.  The wording came from Text on the Cricut Explore.

  I haven't put a verse inside yet as I am not sure just what I am going to say, but I plan on putting it on a pumpkin and gluing it to the inside.

  I'm also sending this to Bitten by the Bug 2 where the theme is Cricut cuts!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Fall card!!! Thanks for joining me this week at Exploring Cricut and More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cut on celebrate with flourish

    Thx for joining Bbtb this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the card will be very much appreciated. I love the fall theme of your card. Very nice! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Celebrate Cricut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete